Custom Flight Management System
This page outlines features and issues provided by the initial integration of our custom FMS. Please also make ensure you have read the special notes section.
For guides on utilizing features included with our custom FMS, see the Guides and Information section below.
We will always list the latest updates in the following section. As we improve our custom flight management system, older versions will be listed in a collapsible format in the Older Versions section.
Latest - Version 1.5
We have introduced new features to the custom flight management system as part of a minor update. Please see the list below:
- LNAV Updates
- Holding Patterns
- Turn direction constraints on non-TF legs
- Overfly restriction support
- ARINC424 Leg Types
- AF, CA, CI, CR, CF, DF, HF, HM, HA legs (See List of Leg Types)
- Turn Prediction Types
- Path capture
- Course capture
- Direct to fix turn
- Holding pattern entry turn
- Navigation Display
- Removed flight plan loading from local storage
- Corrected active waypoint ETA display
EfisVectorssystems with optimized transmit task queue + support for future display of OFFSET, SECONDARY, SECONDARY DASHED, MISSED APPROACH, ALTERNATE and EOSID flight paths.
This constitutes the original feature set of our custom flight management system.
- Custom flight plan management, replacing the default Asobo flight plan manager (FPM).
- SID/STAR/APPR waypoints can now be edited.
- No more USR waypoints from the Asobo FPM.
- Correct procedure and direct-to sequencing.
- Added Discontinuities as in the real life aircraft. See Guides and Information below.
- Support for multiple leg types:
- TF: Track to a Fix defines a great circle track over ground between two known databases fixes.
- RF: Constant Radius Arc defines a constant radius turn between two database fixes, lines tangent to the arc and a center fix.
- VM: Heading to a manual termination defines a specified heading until a Manual termination.
- Cross-track error indicator on the ND.
- Improved LNAV turn prediction.
- Roll anticipation distance.
- Improved flight plan rendering / drawing.
- Improved ND display filters for ARPT, VOR, NDB, WPTs.
- MCDU FIX INFO page for radials and distance circles on navigation fixes. See Guides and Information below.
Guides and Information
- CA leg terminations are sometimes in the wrong place, and do not adapt to V/S.
- Some path captures will be incorrectly drawn. This will not affect guidance.
- INTCPT calculation can be off on large distances.
- Course captures do not adapt to PPOS when nextLeg is active. This can cause the final path to be off to the side.
- WX on ND is not implemented yet. We are waiting for better API support by Microsoft Flight Simulator. See our Forums Feature Request.
- Rendering of flight path on the ND of terminal procedure legs may be glitched or incorrect during cruise. - See Special Notes.
- Rendering of flight path on the ND of legs will be glitched or incorrect if you are flying faster than the appropriate/correct speed. - See Special Notes.
- Syncing the aircraft flight plan with the sim's flight plan for default ATC and VFR map is not 100% supported. - See Special Notes.
- Defining both FROM/TO in the world map shows in the FROM/TO INIT A page but does not populate the airport list in our METAR (AOC) integration.
- DIRECT-TO: Turning point is not correctly implemented yet.
- ETA in F-PLN A on the MCDU may not be 100% accurate.
- Flight plan frozen on loading in (Please post the specific route on which this occurs and under what circumstances, i.e. spawning in c&d using the MSFS flight planner, or simBrief, or loading in .PLN generated by simBrief or other external program).
- Fuel calculations might be incorrect.
- Route on the VFR map will not match up with what is shown on the ND.
MSFS Flight Planning
Please see our Flight Planning in MSFS Guide for more information.
It is important to note that the weather radar is not available yet with the latest version of our cFMS(v1.5). Our current focus is to deliver a more realistic flight planning and navigation experience while maintaining performance and reliability. However, we are not satisfied with how the default code performs together with our custom systems.
We believe the benefits that cFMS provides outweigh the temporary lack of WX functionality. Weather will still prove to be a challenge due to the lack of a native SDK API. We have posted about it on the MSFS forums, where it currently sits at the top of the wishlist, and Asobo are investigating how to best improve their API.
Read more about the weather and terrain API. Please note again that terrain radar is available on our Stable and Development Versions.
Flight Path Rendering
In certain instances, some legs may not render correctly with our current implementation and may look strange in PLAN mode or while en-route. In most cases, the A32NX will attempt to fly the route, and you won't experience any major issues.
Additionally, some flight plans may have extraneous waypoints that can lead to wrongly drawn flight paths. While this can be an edge case, going through your flight plan in
PLAN mode you can find offending waypoints that need to be removed, which will provide a much more reasonable drawn flight path.