Flight Mode Annunciators
Flight Mode Annunciator Columns (Interactive)
The Flight Mode Annunciator (FMA) at the top of the PFD, shows the status of the A/THR, the AP/FD vertical and lateral modes, the approach capabilities, and the AP/FD-A/THR engagement status. It is divided into five columns which are described in this section.
The FMA always show the actual state of autoflight and should always be the main reference for pilots in regards to autoflight.
The FMA has various ways to signify different states:
- Active flight modes are displayed in green text.
- Armed flight modes are displayed in cyan text.
- Changed modes have a white box around the new annunciation for 10 seconds.
Each of the 5 columns at the top of the PFD will display different types of Flight Mode Annunciators. You can learn more about each annunciator by clicking on each column on the PFD below.
There are also some annunciators that take up two columns. These can either be Special Message Annunciators or Common Mode Annunciators.
- First Column (Autothrust Mode Annunciators)
- Second Column (Vertical Mode Annunciators)
- Third Column (Lateral Mode Annunciators)
- Fourth Column (Approach Annunciators)
- Fifth Column (Autopilot Status Annunciators)
- Special Message and Common Mode Annunciators