Integrated Standby Instrument System
The Integrated Standby Instrument System (ISIS) integrates the 4 classical standby instruments (Compass, Horizon, Airspeed, Altimeter) into one single instrument.
The ISIS system displays the following information:
- Airspeed and mach
- Barometric pressure
- LS function
”+” / “-”
- Used to adjust the level of brightness.
- Pressing the LS pb will display the LS scales. Pressing the LS pb again will remove the LS scales.
- Pressing the BUGS pushbutton will activate the BUGS function and display the bug values to be selected.
SPD BUG and ALT BUG columns:
- The SPD BUG column gives four speed values (in knots) that can be selected by the crew.
- The ALT BUG column gives two altitude values (feet) to be selected by the crew.
BUGS value selection knob
- It allows the bug value to be set by rotating the BARO knob. This value cannot be lower than 30 kt for a speed bug, or a negative value for an altitude bug.
- Pressing the BARO setting knob, once a bug value box is activated, will deselect the bug value.
- The “OFF” label comes on close to the activated box.
- The entered values are memorized by the system, when exiting the screen, by pressing the BUGS pushbutton (1), or after 15s without any pilot action.
“+” / ”-” box activation buttons
- Access from one box to another is obtained by pressing the “+” or “–” pushbutton.
- When a bug value is entered, access to the next box is obtained by pressing the “–” pushbutton. The box becomes active and flashes.
- The “+” pushbutton can be used to return to a previous box.
Last update: September 10, 2021